FAQ Topic: Building permits & zoning

How much does it cost to apply for a land-use boundary line or zoning change?

See the land-use fee schedule for fees associated with zone changes, boundary line adjustments, and conditional use permits. The related documents you may need are as follows: Conditional Use Permit Application, Conditional Use Permit Checklist, Zoning Ordinance, Partition Application, Boundary Line Adjustment Application, and Zone Change Application/Comp Plan Amendment Application.

How do I get an event permit?

If your event qualifies as a mass gathering, you must file a Mass Gathering Application with the Planning Department. An event is considered a “mass gathering” in Sherman County if it draws more than 250 people and can “reasonably be expected to continue for more than 24 consecutive hours but less than 120 hours within … Continued

How do I receive a structural permit for new buildings?

To receive a structural permit, applicants first must have land-use approval through Sherman County and septic or sewer sanitation approval through North Central Public Health District, which covers Sherman County. Fill out the Application for Structural Permit and have the form signed by both agencies; submit the signed form with your building plans to Mid-Columbia … Continued

How much does it cost to get a building permit?

Building permit fees are found on the Mid-Columbia Council of Governments’ forms and fees page: http://mccog.com/building-codes/forms-fees/. Note that structural permit fees are based on square footage and contractor costs, as determined by Mid-Columbia Building Code Services, and cannot be applied for online.

Where do I go to get a building permit?

Mid-Columbia Building Code Services (MCBCS) processes all permits, which include electrical, plumbing, mechanical, manufactured dwelling, and structural permits for Sherman County residents. (Structural and manufactured dwelling permits are the only ones that cannot be applied for online, due to needed land-use approvals.) Contractors must perform the permitted work if a property is for sale, lease, … Continued

Close window