Sherman County is committed to access for all.
Guided by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards, our objective is to be:
- Fully compliant with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Open and transparent about our process.
- Attentive to community feedback surrounding usability of our website.
Accessibility is an ongoing process, and here are steps we have taken:
- Accessible forms: "aria" attributes, descriptive labels, tab-able interfaces
- Semantic markup and additional "aria" descriptors on UI components
- Tab-able navigational elements
- "Skiplinks" to important page elements and website sitemap
- Required "alt" descriptions on images
- Font size adjustment
Some of the documents that appear on this website are in PDF format. Those using assistive technology may be unable to read documents directly, unless you have the requisite plug-ins:
Please do not hesitate to contact us us with feedback on our accessibility practices.