How do I get an event permit?

If your event qualifies as a mass gathering, you must file a Mass Gathering Application with the Planning Department. An event is considered a “mass gathering” in Sherman County if it draws more than 250 people and can “reasonably be expected to continue for more than 24 consecutive hours but less than 120 hours within any three-month period.”

The Mass Gathering Application only covers those areas where the county has jurisdiction (areas outside of Rufus, Wasco, and Moro). Each city has its own guidelines for events and gatherings.

Events scheduled during fire season also require a Conditional Use Permit (CUP). The CUP provides the event with additional fire protection.

Close window