How do I receive a structural permit for new buildings?

To receive a structural permit, applicants first must have land-use approval through Sherman County and septic or sewer sanitation approval through North Central Public Health District, which covers Sherman County. Fill out the Application for Structural Permit and have the form signed by both agencies; submit the signed form with your building plans to Mid-Columbia Building Codes Services in The Dalles. After submission, the agency performs a plan review and issues the related permits.

Close window