FAQ Topic: Permits & licensing

Does the Justice of the Peace perform weddings?

The Sherman County Justice Court’s Justice of the Peace typically performs weddings during Sherman County Courthouse business hours.  There is no charge and you may contact the Justice Court office, at (541) 565-3572, to arrange a date and time. Justice court hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. … Continued

How much does it cost to apply for a land-use boundary line or zoning change?

See the land-use fee schedule for fees associated with zone changes, boundary line adjustments, and conditional use permits. The related documents you may need are as follows: Conditional Use Permit Application, Conditional Use Permit Checklist, Zoning Ordinance, Partition Application, Boundary Line Adjustment Application, and Zone Change Application/Comp Plan Amendment Application.

How do I apply for a passport?

Apply online at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/FAQs.html. Passport photos can be taken at the Sherman County Clerk’s Office for $10. To check your passport application status, go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/application-status.html.

How can I obtain a birth or death certificate?

For births or deaths within Sherman County, submit the Birth Certificate or Death Certificate request form to the North Central Public Health District to receive your certificate. Call (541) 506-2600 with questions; cost is $25 per certificate. Certificates can be requested up to six months after the birth or death; after that residents must go … Continued

What is the Sherman County Justice Court, and what types of cases does it handle?

Sherman County Justice Court is the judicial branch of county government. It processes citations issued by law enforcement agencies for traffic violations, boating violations, fish and game violations, and other civil violations. The Court also handles small claims and eviction actions. Meanwhile, the Court’s Justice of the Peace can perform weddings as time allows.

Who can answer my questions about landscape or garden plant problems?

Contact a Master Gardener in the Oregon State University Sherman County Extension Office, such as Master Gardener Cindy Brown. Cindy can be reached at (541) 565-3230 or Cindy.Brown@oregonstate.edu. Or contact Michelle Sager of the Master Gardener Program in Wasco County, (541) 565-5494 or Michelle.Sager@oregonstate.edu, and ask about the plant clinic and available resources. Get further … Continued

How do I get an event permit?

If your event qualifies as a mass gathering, you must file a Mass Gathering Application with the Planning Department. An event is considered a “mass gathering” in Sherman County if it draws more than 250 people and can “reasonably be expected to continue for more than 24 consecutive hours but less than 120 hours within … Continued

Close window