FAQ Topic: Permits & licensing

What if I lose my military ID?

If you lose your Uniformed Services ID Card, go to the nearest Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) site and obtain your new card. The nearest is the National Guard Readiness Center at Fort Dalles, billed as “the finest single-unit armory in the country” and housed on the campus of Columbia Gorge Community College. Veterans … Continued

How do I register to carry a concealed handgun?

Apply by printing, reading, and filling out the Concealed Handgun License Application. Please note that the public cannot bring a gun, even with a permit, into the Sherman County Courthouse. The Concealed Handgun License Notice lists other places in the county (and beyond) where members of the public cannot legally carry a gun, even with … Continued

How do I apply for a controlled hunt?

Select the “Controlled Hunt” option on the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife license ordering page. Find big-game details at the Columbia and Central Oregon Big Game Hunting sections of the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife website.

How much does it cost for a Concealed Handgun License?

Concealed Handgun License renewal is $50 for out-of-state applicants and $65 for new applicants. There is no cost for Sherman County residents to renew their license; a renewal is required every four years. Note that license holders should renew in their county of residence.

Close window