What if I lose my military ID?

If you lose your Uniformed Services ID Card, go to the nearest Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) site and obtain your new card. The nearest is the National Guard Readiness Center at Fort Dalles, billed as “the finest single-unit armory in the country” and housed on the campus of Columbia Gorge Community College. Veterans also must update their retired Identification Card when eligible for Medicare, normally at age 65 (scheduling details). If you lose your VA medical card (known as the Veteran Health Identification Card) you must go to Portland VA Medical Center with a photo ID to have your card replaced.

Close window