FAQ Topic: Property & housing

How do I get phone and Internet service?

Sherman County recently won the National Association of Counties’ Innovation Award and the Oregon Connections Technology Award for its Wireless Internet Network Development (WIND), a fiber optic project intended to dramatically increase available Internet speed within the county! (A fiber optic line now runs from Grass Valley to Wasco, with a Wasco-to-Rufus line expected summer … Continued

How do I get Rental Housing Incentive grants?

Sherman County offers four separate ways to receive housing incentives: Rental Housing Development Grant – This grants offers a $10,000-per-unit incentive to people who build new rental units for others in Sherman County to rent. Fill out the Rental Housing Development Application and return to Mid Columbia Economic Development District (MCEDD), 802 Chenowith Loop rd, … Continued

Is there an Indian Reservation in Sherman County?

The closest reservation is Celilo Village at Horseshoe Falls along the Columbia River, just outside of northern Sherman County in Wasco County. Celilo Village is reportedly Oregon’s oldest continuously occupied site. Nearly 4% of the county’s population are native American Indians, Alaskans, and Pacific Islanders, according to U.S. Census data. (See Sherman County History for … Continued

How do I apply for public housing assistance?

The Mid-Columbia Housing Authority gives a preference to “individuals and families who work and/or live in its five county service area” — including Sherman County. Applications are available through the Mid-Columbia Housing Authority’s website. If  you  have  a  disability  that  requires  any  special  materials, services, or assistance, please call  (541) 296-5462  to arrange accommodations.

How do I pay my property tax?

You can pay property taxes by mail, by phone, online, or by dropping it by the Sherman County Courthouse. Find payment details on the Tax Collector’s “Options for Payment” page. Property owners may appeal the value of their property or penalties assessed for late filing of real or personal property returns. All personal property tax … Continued

Is property line or title information available online?

No, currently Sherman County does not have property information available online. However, you can come by the Sherman County Courthouse between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get titling, zoning, property line, and other information from the County Clerk’s Office or the Assessor’s Office.

Close window