FAQ Topic: Government ID

What if I lose my military ID?

If you lose your Uniformed Services ID Card, go to the nearest Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) site and obtain your new card. The nearest is the National Guard Readiness Center at Fort Dalles, billed as “the finest single-unit armory in the country” and housed on the campus of Columbia Gorge Community College. Veterans … Continued

How do I apply for a passport?

Apply online at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/FAQs.html. Passport photos can be taken at the Sherman County Clerk’s Office for $10. To check your passport application status, go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/application-status.html.

How can I obtain a birth or death certificate?

For births or deaths within Sherman County, submit the Birth Certificate or Death Certificate request form to the North Central Public Health District to receive your certificate. Call (541) 506-2600 with questions; cost is $25 per certificate. Certificates can be requested up to six months after the birth or death; after that residents must go … Continued

Close window