Power Lines

Find your power here

Utilities in Sherman County

Wasco Electric Cooperative (serving Rufus and surrounding areas) at WascoElectric.com. Call (800) 341-8580 or (541) 296-5051 to create an account or report power outages. Accounts also can be opened or closed at WascoElectric.com/current-members/start-or-stop-service. If possible, have your meter number handy to assist in establishing your account.

Pacific Power & Light (serving Moro) at PacificPower.net. Call Customer Service at (888) 221-7070 to create an account. To report a power outage, call (877) 508-5088.

Hood River Electric Cooperative (serving Wasco and Grass Valley) at HREC.coop. Call (541) 354-1233 to apply for coop membership and create an account. To report an outage, go to HREC.coop/safety/outage-preparation or call (541) 354-1233; please leave a message if during off-hours. Report any flashes, bangs, or trees in lines to help repair crews find the damage.

See our Wind Power page to learn more about the local wind farms that help power Portland General Electric, Bonneville Power Administration, the Eugene Water & Electric Board, and other power companies regionwide.

For Phone and Internet utilities, see "How do I get phone and Internet service?"

For Water, many properties have their own wells and septic tanks. See our well-water FAQ for testing options.  Additionally, Sherman County's five cities all have their own water municipalities. Here are those contacts:

Close window