FAQ Topic: Volunteer with the county

What is a “nonoffice-holding resident”?

Only “nonoffice-holding residents” can be a member of the Sherman County Board of Property Tax Appeals (BOPTA). By definition, a “nonoffice-holding resident”  cannot be: a member of the county governing body, a member of the governing body of any taxing district within the county, an elected official within the county, a person employed in or hired … Continued

I’m interested in volunteering as a 4-H leader, what do I need to do?

Stop by the Sherman County Extension office, at 66365 Lonerock Road in Moro, and visit with us; we’re excited to have you be part of 4-H!  Let us know what projects you are interested in, and we’ll get you the office hours.  The Sherman 4-H Association (formerly 4-H Leaders Association) then meets monthly at the … Continued

Do the Ambulance Service personnel get paid?

Yes, they do. Sherman County Ambulance Service has teams of three personnel who rotate one week on call. They are paid a modest stipend to be on call and are paid an hourly wage of $20 per hour while on call (whether that time includes responding to a call or simply waiting for one). The … Continued

Who has volunteer opportunities and what can I volunteer for?

A list of County boards, typically filled by citizen volunteers, can be found on the Committees & Advisory Councils page. The Sherman County Court also appoints three citizens to serve on the Budget Committee within the County Court and appoints the Budget Officer. The Sherman County Historical Museum also needs volunteer Hosts. The museum conducts … Continued

How do I volunteer with the county?

You can apply to volunteer using the Sherman County Citizen Volunteer Application Form. Please note, for some volunteer positions you will need to pass a background check. Please see the Criminal History FAQ and view the County’s Criminal Check form.

Close window