FAQ Topic: Seniors

What is “The Citizen Reporter”?

“The Citizen Reporter” is Sherman County’s bi-monthly newsletter, produced by the County Court Administrative Assistant. The newsletter contains events and news submitted by entities within the County. Each edition is published online, with printed copies sent to residents countywide. Extra copies often can be found at the Sherman County Senior/Community Center in Moro, Oregon.

Is there a senior center or community center nearby?

Sherman County manages the Sherman County Senior & Community Center at 300 Dewey Street in Moro, open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with lunch at noon Monday through Friday and activities throughout the week. There you’ll find meetings, exercise classes, social gatherings, and technology training.

Are there any senior living communities in Sherman County?

Sagewind Manor is a senior independent living facility in Moro, owned and operated by Mid-Columbia Housing Authority/Cascade Housing Authority. The manor has 12 one-bedroom apartments with air-conditioning, laundry hookup, private patio, and outside storage. Rent includes sewer, water, and garbage services. Call (541) 442-5526 or (541) 296-3397 for details. (For in-person assistance, the Site Manager … Continued

How do I get transportation to a medical appointment?

Veteran’s can receive a ride from Sherman County Transit by calling: 541-565-3553.  If you are also receiving Medical coverage through the Oregon Health plan, call 1-877-875-4657 to schedule a ride through Sherman County Transit.

Close window