FAQ Topic: Rentals

How do I get Rental Housing Incentive grants?

Sherman County offers four separate ways to receive housing incentives: Rental Housing Development Grant – This grants offers a $10,000-per-unit incentive to people who build new rental units for others in Sherman County to rent. Fill out the Rental Housing Development Application and return to Mid Columbia Economic Development District (MCEDD), 802 Chenowith Loop rd, … Continued

What are my tenant rights?

Sherman County falls under state law related to tenant rights. Find a detailed description through the Oregon Bar Association’s Landlord and Tenant Law “Rights and Duties of a Tenant” link.

Where can I find a place to rent?

Our “Available Real Estate” page has a handy map link for exploring both rental or for-sale properties. Landlords also may post availability in the local newspapers or at local meeting places.

Are there any senior living communities in Sherman County?

Sagewind Manor is a senior independent living facility in Moro, owned and operated by Mid-Columbia Housing Authority/Cascade Housing Authority. The manor has 12 one-bedroom apartments with air-conditioning, laundry hookup, private patio, and outside storage. Rent includes sewer, water, and garbage services. Call (541) 442-5526 or (541) 296-3397 for details. (For in-person assistance, the Site Manager … Continued

Close window