FAQ Topic: Marriages & civil unions

Does the Justice of the Peace perform weddings?

The Sherman County Justice Court’s Justice of the Peace typically performs weddings during Sherman County Courthouse business hours. ┬áThere is no charge and you may contact the Justice Court office, at (541) 565-3572, to arrange a date and time. Justice court hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. … Continued

How can I obtain a birth or death certificate?

For births or deaths within Sherman County, submit the Birth Certificate or Death Certificate request form to the North Central Public Health District to receive your certificate. Call (541) 506-2600 with questions; cost is $25 per certificate. Certificates can be requested up to six months after the birth or death; after that residents must go … Continued

What is the Sherman County Justice Court, and what types of cases does it handle?

Sherman County Justice Court is the judicial branch of county government. It processes citations issued by law enforcement agencies for traffic violations, boating violations, fish and game violations, and other civil violations. The Court also handles small claims and eviction actions. Meanwhile, the Court’s Justice of the Peace can perform weddings as time allows.

How do I get a marriage license?

Apply for a marriage license by coming into the Sherman County Courthouse during business hours. Oregon law requires a three-day waiting period before a license may be used. Cost is $50, with a $7.75 charge for a certified copy of the license. Learn what you’ll need to bring in our Marriage License Information flier. The … Continued

Close window