FAQ Topic: Health

How can I get my garden soil tested?

Sawyers True Value in The Dalles does soil testing for $25 per sample.  The Sherman County Extension Office has the details for taking your soil sample.  Soil is tested for nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, pH, humus, and soil texture.

How do I get transportation to a medical appointment?

Veteran’s can receive a ride from Sherman County Transit by calling: 541-565-3553.  If you are also receiving Medical coverage through the Oregon Health plan, call 1-877-875-4657 to schedule a ride through Sherman County Transit.

How do I report food safety concerns?

Contact North Central Public Health District by phone at (541) 506-2600 or (541) 296-5454 after hours, by email at PublicHealth@co.wasco.or.us, or by visiting their office or mailing your complaint to North Central Public Health District, 419 E. 7th Street, The Dalles, OR 97058.

Close window