FAQ Topic: Emergency services

How do I apply for a controlled hunt?

Select the “Controlled Hunt” option on the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife license ordering page. Find big-game details at the Columbia and Central Oregon Big Game Hunting sections of the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife website.

Do the Ambulance Service personnel get paid?

Yes, they do. Sherman County Ambulance Service has teams of three personnel who rotate one week on call. They are paid a modest stipend to be on call and are paid an hourly wage of $20 per hour while on call (whether that time includes responding to a call or simply waiting for one). The … Continued

How many calls does the Ambulance Service respond to?

In 2021, Sherman County Ambulance responded to 203 calls. In 2022, we responded to 286 calls, which is about 29% higher than the same timeframe in the previous year.  For 2023, it is projected to be a 5% increase. The calls are about 75% medical and 25% trauma.

Is Sherman County Ambulance tax-supported?

Absolutely not! We are very proud to report that Sherman County Ambulance has NEVER received tax dollars from the citizens of Sherman County. The ambulance is self-supported mostly from patient-transport revenues and a smaller portion from memberships. You can register to be a member with the Sherman County Ambulance Membership Application.

How do I protect myself and others from wildfires?

Here are three ways to help protect yourself and others from wildfires: Call 9-1-1 right away if the fire cannot be put out. Compost rather than burn and do not use a burn barrel or campfire during the dry summer and early-fall months. Study up on the Sherman County Community Wildfire Protection Plan.

How much does it cost for a Concealed Handgun License?

Concealed Handgun License renewal is $50 for out-of-state applicants and $65 for new applicants. There is no cost for Sherman County residents to renew their license; a renewal is required every four years. Note that license holders should renew in their county of residence.

Close window