I live in another state. Will anything happen to me if I don’t pay or appear?

Yes, as the license suspension action is honored by other states and by provinces in Canada. A collection agency will seek to enforce the debt in all states and in Canada. Other states will also put the conviction in your case on your driving record in your home state. (Of note, some pre-paid legal services will provide attorneys to appear on your behalf in out-of-area cases.)

Close window