How do I start a business in Sherman County?

Thank you for considering Biggs, Grass Valley, Kent, Moro, Rufus, Wasco, or another area of Sherman County! Starting a business here is simple. You’ll want to be compliant with any licensing requirements for your industry. Then simply register your business name with the Oregon Secretary of State’s office, apply for a free federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), and notify the Sherman County Courthouse assistant — so your business can be added to the county business directory. If you plan to start a non-retail business within the county’s Enterprise Zones, you also can apply for a break on property tax costs through Sherman County’s Enterprise Zone Manager at (541) 565-3601.

Close window