Full Time Position—Appraiser/Appraiser Trainee
40 hrs. per week
Sherman County Assessor’s office
Beginning Salary—DOQ. Range $4,446 – $5,957 per month
After completing training (If not a registered Appraiser), gather necessary appraisal data for real estate market studies. Complete all aspects related to appraisal of real property including onsite inspections. Interpret and explain appraisal values and assessment procedures to the public. Prepare and defend county appraisals before appeal boards and tax courts. Other general office duties that may be assigned by Assessor or supervisor.
– Possess a valid Oregon driver’s license.
– Be prepared to meet the State of Oregon requirements for Property Appraiser and be registered under ORS 308.010 and annually maintain registration under OAR 150-308.010-(A).
– Accuracy and neatness in all aspects of work performance.
– Good working knowledge of office skills such as typing, filing, spreadsheets and computer processing. Good math skills.
– Ability to work independently and the ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
– This position requires varied physical activity, such as bending, walking on uneven terrain, lifting, etc.
– Good public relation skills and the ability to work with confidential materials
– Prior county appraisal experience is preferred but not a requirement.
– Associates degree with major course work in economics, business or public administration, real estate, accounting, forestry, agriculture, planning or related field. AND two years of general office experience, OR any satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience which ensures the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Obtain an application from the Sherman County website or the Sherman County Assessor’s office. Must return completed application and resume to the Sherman Assessor’s Office, PO Box 283, Moro, Oregon 97039 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm February 16th 2023.
SHERMAN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com