About Sherman County Community Transit
Sherman County Community Transit, also known as Sherman Transit or Community Transit, provides public bus transportation service throughout Sherman County to The Dalles, Portland, and other cities for shopping, medical appointments, and special events. Sherman County receives Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) Special Transportation Funds (STF), Federal 5310 Capital Funds, and State/Federal Discretionary Grant Funding to provide priority transportation to seniors and disabled persons — and public transportation to others as space allows. Veterans also are provided free medical rides by appointment.
There are no required fares. However, donations are always accepted for all rides, including medical. Suggested Donation: Shopping Bus, $5 per rider.
All rides must be reserved a minimum of 24 hours to 48 hours in advance.
Monday & Thursday: The Dalles bus departs Moro at 8 a.m. for appointments and shopping. Appointments are recommended to be made between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. This allows time for pharmacy stops and return trip, leaving The Dalles by 2 p.m. Suggested Donation: $5 per rider
Monday – Friday: Transportation for prearranged medical rides to appointments.
Please feel free to contact Sherman Community Transit with scheduling requests or questions.
The office is closed and buses do not transport on Holidays.
STF/STIF Advisory Committee Links
- Keep Sherman County Moving: 11-27-18
- Sherman County Transportation Amended Bylaws 2019
- Sherman County Coordinated Transportation Plan 2016-2019
- Sherman County Transportation Advisory STF/STIF Committee & Office Personnel Master List
- STIF Formula Funds Information for Advisory Board
- STF/STIF Advisory Board Packet 9-28-18
- STF/STIF Advisory Board Packet 3-1-19
- STF/STIF Advisory Board Agenda 4-9-19
- STF/STIF Advisory Board Agenda 4-29-19