About the Emergency Services Department
Sherman County's Emergency Services Department works to coordinate human and financial resources to provide the citizens of Sherman County and the public at large with the optimum level of emergency services. This department represents Sherman County Emergency Services at the regional and state levels. It also represents the county at the federal level when necessary to preserve or advance the County’s interests.
The Emergency Services Director's job includes all of the following:
- Serving as the County Disaster Preparedness Officer, 9-1-1 Coordinator, and Fire Departments’ Administrator
- Assisting in recruitment and retention of volunteers in emergency services
- Writing grants for additional resources for emergency services
- Responding as needed on the Sherman County Ambulance.
The Emergency Services Advisory Committee provides guidance on policy and budget.
- Receive Frontline Regional Alerts
- Sherman County Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
- Flood-Fight Handbook
- Flood Fighting: How to Use Sandbags
- Sherman County Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Sherman County Ambulance Service Area Plan
- Ambulance Membership Application
- LifeFlight Membership Link (veterans receive a discounted rate; please contact LifeFlight directly for details)
- Sherman County Ambulance Service Privacy Notice