The County Clerk is the official keeper of public records for Sherman County. This includes maintaining official records for all real property transactions in Sherman County, as well as ordinances, resolutions, agreements and other miscellaneous county documents. Maps prepared by a licensed surveyor are filed and maintained at this office. The Clerk is responsible for managing records as prescribed by Oregon Revised Statutes.
The County Clerk is the Clerk of the County Court and in that capacity writes and maintains minutes of County Court proceedings. She is also responsible for serving as clerk for Juvenile and Probate matters.
The County Clerk is the county election official charged with registering voters, maintaining up-to-date voting lists, accepting declarations of candidacy for public office, and coordinating the conduct of elections at the county level. She ensures that elections are conducted in an open, fair and unbiased manner according to state and federal election laws.
Board of Property Tax Appeals functions are coordinated by the County Clerk. She plans, coordinates and records BOPTA hearings. The BOPTA Clerk is also responsible for maintaining the official board record in accordance with Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Administrative Rules. BOPTA receives appeals from property tax payers on issues of equity concerning property tax assessments, following procedures directed by the Oregon Department of Revenue.
Marriage licenses and declarations of domestic partnership are issued by the County Clerk, who is authorized to solemnize marriages. The Clerk’s Office provides additional services including Notary Public, acts as a Passport Acceptance Agent, and assists with property, historical and genealogy research.
The Sherman County Clerk has made every effort to make sure the information on this site is correct. However, in the event that any information on this site is incorrect, Sherman County assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of incomplete, incorrect or omitted information. If you do find any information that is incorrect, please notify us so that errors can be corrected.
The staff of the Sherman County Clerk’s Office strives to provide professional, effective service to the public.
Sherman County Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 365
500 Court Street
Moro, OR 97039
Phone: (541) 565-3606
Fax: (541) 565-3771
Board of Property Tax Appeals Clerk
- New Death Certificate Recording Procedure 2014
- Recording Procedures & Requirements
- New Recording Fees Effective 1/01/2014
- Current Fee Schedule
- Probate Fee Schedule - Revised 10/01/2013
- Declaration of Domestic Partnership
- Marriage License Application Information
- Voting Precincts
- Archive of Election Results
- Register to Vote!
- Election Frequently Asked Questions
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (SEL 111)
- 2014 Local Elections Calendar
- 2015 Local Elections Calendar
- Election Publications, Forms & ORESTAR Campaign Finance
- Board of Property Tax Appeals (BOPTA) Information & Forms
- Sherman County Records Inventory
- Passport Information & Applications Passport Photos Available - $10
- Passport Frequently Asked Questions
- Passport Photo Requirements
- Passport Photo Frequently Asked Questions
- Oregon Vital Records - Birth/Death Certificates
- Where to Write for Vital Records or Express Certificate Service
- Oregon State Legislature
- Find Your Legislator
- Ethics Commission "Guide for Public Officials"