The County Clerk is the official keeper of public records for Sherman County. This includes maintaining official records for real property transactions, county court and budget committee minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agreements and other miscellaneous county documents. The Clerk is responsible for record management as prescribed by Oregon Revised Statutes. Maps prepared by a licensed surveyor are filed at this office. Sherman County is one of six counties in the state where jurisdiction of all probate matters, causes and proceedings is vested in the county court. The County Clerk serves as Clerk of the County Court for matters involving probate, small estate and juvenile cases..
The County Clerk is the county election official charged with registering voters, maintaining up-to-date voting lists, accepting declarations of candidacy for public office and coordinating the conduct of elections at the county level. She ensures that elections are conducted in an open, fair and unbiased manner according to state and federal election laws.
Board of Property Tax Appeals functions are coordinated by the County Clerk. She plans, coordinates and records BOPTA hearings. The BOPTA Clerk is also responsible for maintaining the official board record in accordance with Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Administrative Rules. BOPTA receives appeals from property tax payers on issues of equity concerning property tax assessments, following procedures directed by the Oregon Department of Revenue.
Marriage licenses and declarations of domestic partnership are issued by the County Clerk, who is authorized to solemnize marriages. The Clerk’s Office provides additional services including Notary Public, acts as a Passport Acceptance Agent and assists with property, historical and genealogy research.
The Sherman County Clerk has made every effort to make sure the information on this site is correct. However, in the event that any information on this site is incorrect, Sherman County assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of incomplete, incorrect or omitted information. If you do find any information that is incorrect, please notify us so that errors can be corrected.
The staff of the Sherman County Clerk’s Office strives to provide professional, effective service to the public.
Sherman County Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 365
500 Court Street
Moro, OR 97039
Phone: (541) 565-3606
Fax: (541) 565-3771
Board of Property Tax Appeals Clerk
- Recording Procedures & Requirements
- Fee Schedule
- Domestic Partnership Forms & Instructions
- Marriage License Application Information
- Voting Precincts
- Archive of Election Results
- Register to Vote!
- Oregon Drop Box Locator
- Election Frequently Asked Questions
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (SEL 111)
- 2016 Local Elections Calendar
- 2016 Local Candidates
- May 17, 2016 Primary Election Results
- 2017 Local Elections Calendar
- Election Forms
- Election Campaign Finance
- Election Manuals
- Sherman County Records Inventory
- Sherman County Survey Map
- Passport Information & Applications Passport Photos Available - $10
- Passport Fees
- Passport Frequently Asked Questions
- Passport Photo Requirements
- Check Your Passport Aplication Status
- Oregon Vital Records - Birth/Death Certificates
- Where to Write for Vital Records or Express Certificate Service
- Oregon Government Ethics Law: A Guide for Public Officials
- Oregon State Legislature: How Ideas Become Law
- Find Your Legislator