Employment – Sherman County Community Transit Driver Position
Sherman County Community Transit is looking to hire Drivers. The driver position is paid, not volunteer, and will include the following:
- Provide all clients with a sense of safety for all trips, have a friendly & positive attitude, be respectful to each individual and be prompt in all aspects of the job.
- Pre-Trip & Post-Trips inspections, cleaning the inside and outside of the vehicles and fueling the vehicles are performed by the drivers for each trip.
- Many clients are transported not just to The Dalles & Hood River but a large majority of rides are to Portland and the surrounding metropolitan areas, including Central Oregon. We provide a demand response service with a door to door pick-up.
- Transportation is not only provided to Sherman County Residents, but is also provided to clients in the surrounding counties that qualify for transportation through the Medicaid Brokerage in The Dalles.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age and hold a valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s License with a Passenger Endorsement. Having a CDL Endorsement is an added plus for us, but not a requirement. A driving record check will be completed; Criminal History Background check and a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol screen are required and done at random throughout employment.
- A First Aid/CPR/Blood Borne Pathogens Certificate, a Certificate for an approved 6-8 hour Defensive Driving Class & an approved Passenger Assistance, Safety, and Sensitivity Training Class are all required and must be completed within the first 6 months of employment at no cost to the hiree.
- This is a part time position with no benefits and the total hours vary depending on the transportation needs. The driver position allows some flexibility of days and hours with the hiree being allowed to set available days.
- Applications may be obtained at the Sherman County Treasurer/Community Transit office in the Sherman County Courthouse in Moro, Oregon. Applications will be accepted thru August 15th, 2019.
Sherman County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sherman County Community Transit provides public transportation services according to Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, a federal statute prohibiting discrimination without regard to race, color or national origin.
If interested, please contact:
Marnene Benson-Wood, Transportation Coordinator
Sherman County, 541-565-3553
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com